Additional Bio of Expert Witness and Legal Experience
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE. Rick has worked for Fortune 100 companies to small single shareholder founders, both non-profit companies and for-profit companies. He has North America and international business experience in Europe, Australia, and Asia. For over 26 years, Rick has been involved in the energy sector, including 4 years in renewable (solar) energy, and 21 years in the HVAC construction industry, industrial automation, and energy management system sectors. Rick also was involved in the helicopter and unmanned vehicle industry for 3 years as VP Sales and Marketing for Evergreen Aviation. Rick currently owns a consulting practice focused on organizational health, including business transition, leadership development, sales and marketing, operational excellence, and employee engagement.
MOST RECENT EXPERIENCE. Rick’s most recent expert witness experience involved an ITC case that concluded with a favorable consent order filed. Because of his energy and industrial automation experience and successful work at the federal level, Rick was retained at the District level for another case with the same legal firm.
“Rick provided a depth of knowledge of the industry and its unique nuances, and was able to clearly articulate it in his reports and depositions. He not only knows the industry extremely well, he has a strong command of writing and verbal acuity during testimony that made the difference in our case.”
– unnamed legal counsel
2019: Rockwell vs. Radwell, US District Court of New Jersey,
Civil Action No. 1:15-cv-05246-RBK-JS
- Retained by firm Lewis Brisbois as an industry expert witness on behalf of Radwell.
- Expert reports filed June, July 2019.
- Deposition August 2019.
- (in progress)
2018: Rockwell vs. Radwell, US International Trade Commission,
Investigation No. 337-TA-12074.
- Retained by firms Adduci, Mastriani& Schaumberg and Lewis Brisbois as an industry expert witness on behalf of Radwell.
- Expert reports filed April, May 2018.
- Deposition June 2018.
- Witness statement filed July 2018.
- Favorable consent order filed.
2018: Expert Witness Training by Global Business Experts Group
2016: D3 vs. SunModo, No. 17-1909
- Legal case of patent infringement.
- Legal counsel – Klarquist Sparkman
- Favorable verdict was obtained.
2014: Solar Innovations vs. SunModo, No. 2013-00825.
- Legal case of contract breach, patent infringement and trade secret damages.
- Legal counsel – Rylander & Associates and Stradley Ronon
- Favorable verdict was obtained.
1993: Retained by Siemens Building Technologies.
- Deposed on judgement of wrongful termination.
Awnings Enter the Solar Power Age
Innovation takes SunModo to new heights
SunModo eyes room to grow at proposed new headquarters
By Aaron Corvin, Columbian Port & Economy Reporter
Published July 19, 2015
Growth Of SunModo Leads To New CEO Hire
Published October 29, 2014
Evergreen Airlines Boeing 747 aircraft of World’s Largest Fire
Published Feb. 7, 2012
Supertanker 747 prepared to help battle oil spill
Published June 2, 2010
Evergreen Helicopters: Lost in Haiti or lost in translation?
Fahrenheit 747: World’s Biggest Fire Extinguisher Douses L.A. County https://www.wired.com/2009/09/evergreen-supertanker/
Published Sept. 1, 2009
The Industrial Automation Industry Nuances You Never Knew Existed – 2018